Monday 10 December 2012

YD - Chapter 13 teaser


“Chalky!” The familiar, thunderous voice echoes off every wall of the gym, as Emmett’s hulking form lumbers toward me. He hoists me in the air, giving me a spin that makes me squeal. “Glad to have you back!”

“You make it sound like I’ve been away for months!” I laugh in response. “But thanks, Em.”

He nods to my harness, which I’ve looped over one shoulder. “Climbing?”

“Yeah, Alice said she’d belay for me,” I respond with a shrug. And I’m secretly hoping someone else might, too.

“Well, have fun! I’ll catch up with you later.” Emmett’s dimples seem especially prominent as he waves me off. I 
give him a small salute in return before making my way up the stairs toward the mezzanine level and the bouldering cave.

When I reach the cave, music is blaring, and I’m a little disappointed I won’t have it to myself…until the sight of the physique that is sinuously moving its way across the wall stops me dead in my tracks.

I’ve never seen Edward climb before, and I can safely say—I’ve never seen anyone climb like him.



No comments:

Post a Comment