Monday 3 December 2012

YD - Chapter 12 teaser







I wrap my arms tighter around myself and walk toward him. “I’ll take one of the rooms upstairs.” I reach for my bags, but he places a hand on my arm, stopping me.

“The storm is really bad, and I don’t feel good about letting you sleep upstairs. I don’t think it’s safe.” He tosses the towel in the hamper in the corner. “I’ll go.”

My jaw drops. “You just said it wasn’t safe, and you’re going?”

He shrugs. “Yeah, well…”

I scoff. “Don’t be ridiculous. I’ll take the couch out there.” I indicate vaguely toward the direction of the great room.

“Bella,” he says, rolling his eyes. “It’s freezing out there, even with the fire going.”

“I’ll take a blanket,” I tell him, reaching again for the bags. My duffel is completely sodden, and it weighs a ton. “I’ll be okay.”

“Wait,” he says, his voice serious. “You could stay here. I mean, if you like.” He runs a hand through his semi-dried hair. “It’s a big bed, and I promise I won’t try anything…”

No comments:

Post a Comment