Monday 26 November 2012

YD Teaser: Chapter 11

“Don’t you get it? You’re the biggest risk of all.”

I hold my breath for a beat at his declaration. I’ve never thought of myself as any kind of danger. I’m not—I’m just Bella.

“How am I a risk?”

“You make me question.”

“Question what?”

“Everything.”

“Please tell me?”

He takes a deep breath. “Okay. But in advance, I’m sorry.”

“What for now?”

“Like I said, when I tell you, you’ll find out the kind of person I really am.”

I can’t imagine what might have happened for Edward to think himself so…liable. I shuffle in my spot to get comfortable, getting the suspicion this isn’t going to be a short story. Before I can move too far, Edward reaches out to grab my hand. I glance at where our hands are joined before turning my gaze to his face.  

“Do you mind?” he asks tentatively. “I just…I feel calmer when I’m touching you.”

I can only nod in reply. Stroking his fingers gently, I try to reassure him. “Take your time.”

He takes a deep breath and begins to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment